1-Day Mabamba tour – Bird Watching
Tour in Mabamba
The 1 Day Mabamba Birding Excursion is an entire birding that is suitable for day break from the towns of Kampala and Entebbe. The day trip starts and finishes in Kampala exhibiting an entire day magical encounter swamp environment on the shores of Lake Victoria keeping counts of unique birds including the uncommon shoebill stork. The swamp dwelling sitatunga is also present. The famous Mabamba swamp presents an impressive birding experience on canoe.
Leave early morning from Entebbe or pick-up at your hotel, within Entebbe at no extra cost and we shall drive to the harbor to enter the boat. The boat has life-vests.
Boat-ride across the lake with a beautiful view of Entebbe, the airport, fishermen and lots of birds, especially on approaching the swamps.
At Mabamba or Bussi we disembark the bigger boat and enter the smaller canoes for the Mabamba Swamps. The canoes will take a maximum of 3 persons excluding the driver and guide.
After some minutes in the canoe, the papyrus reads open up into the big verdant swamps. Most of the times this is where the Shoebill can be spotted.
After about two hours it is time to return out of the swamps and shift to the bigger boat for the journey back to Entebbe.
Sometimes the Shoebill may also be seen from the shores in the lagoon while coming into or when returning to Entebbe. Whatever the case may be, the boat trip through the lagoon is usually very rewarding for all of its birds.
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. (Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.)
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
Most Recommended Uganda safaris
Uganda Gorilla Permits costs
Uganda gorilla permits cost $600 and Rwanda gorilla permits cost $1500. These have to be acquired months before your trip to be assured of viewing the mountain gorillas. Read more about booking gorilla permits.
Best time to visit Uganda
The best wildlife viewing months in Uganda are during the Dry seasons from June to August and December to February. Primate walks in the forest are a big part of any safari in Rwanda. The habitat of rainforests is, by default, very wet, and one can’t avoid rain completely.